Saturday, June 16, 2012

from games: The ultraviolence has to stop says Warren Spector

from games: The ultraviolence has to stop says Warren Spector
Several experts, including us at VideoGamer.com have commented on the trend of extreme violence in the games at E3 2012th now we can add Warren Specter on the list of affected parties.

This is the year when it said two things that stood for me, the creator of Deus Ex gamesindustry.biz. One stop was the need Ultra violence. We have to stop loving it.

 I do not only believe in the effect of argument at all, but I think that we fetishism violence, and now indeed in some cases the combination of sex with a young attitude. I think it's tasteless. Ultimately, I think it will give us trouble.

Specter states that the growing trend toward violent game design one of the reasons why he left Adios already in 2004. And now he believes that things have gotten worse we have gone too far.

The slow-motion blood spurts, the impalement by deadly assassins, the blades, shoulders, elbows to the neck. You know, Deus Ex had its moments of violence, but they were developed - whether it was successful or not I cannot say - but they are designed to uncomfortable to you, and I do not see that happening now.

I think we intervene only attractive to a young mind and called it. It's time to stop. I'm just glad that I work for a company like Disney, where not only is that not something that will encourage you, do not even you, and I'm fine with it

What the second thing noticed Specter, it is also about the way console makers are increasingly concerned about their attention away from games if the games are the least interesting part, and there is problem. When is the game conference on the link to become Netflix I just worry a little?

The thing that is ironic that I, as we really are, to feel in a golden age, in a weird way. No one knows what the future of gaming. No one. At the time such as this notch can come along and do Mine craft, and Chris Hacker can finally do, his incredible party Spy Game, and Jon Blow-braid can, and I cant triple Mickey Mouse game - everything is possible.

Specter is currently working on Epic Mickey 2, which is due for release in September this year on all leading formats. In addition to the CV and the latter is always the 3DS Disney Mickey Epic power of illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment